Friday, May 13, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter Morning the kids awoke to lots of Easter Baskets!


I tried to get Daniel a lot of learning toys so we could continue to sharpen our preschool skills over the summer... so he got lots of workbooks, puzzles, flash cards, a globe, books, art projects, other toys that he would consider "fun" too and of course, some candy (his personal favorite!)!!!


Katelyn's Easter Eggs were filled with puffs, cheerios and other baby friendly snacks... of course, she loved them!


Katelyn also received multiple Easter Baskets... the Minnie Mouse and pink bucket were from my mom and the other two were from us.







Katelyn did not like her accessories that she received in her Easter Basket...at all!!!


Pictures of them at church!





Is the below lady their mom or their Grandma??? I think my mom is very young looking and very beautiful and my kids look EXACTLY like her!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Then the kids had an Easter Egg Hunt at church! I think this was Egg Hunt #3...LOL!


Some of Daniel's friends at church

Then we spent Easter Lunch at my parents where the kids got more baskets from my parents and from Leigh Anne's in-laws.... Brendon asked me when did Easter turn into Christmas??? LOL! Oh... and they had Easter Egg Hunt #4! Did I mention that we missed an Easter Egg Hunt this year too with our playgroup??? I was totally bummed because it was on a Friday morning when I work:(





Our Arizona Easter Tradition.... jump into the spa!

My baby girl!




Loving on Daddy!

Singing with Poppy!

I forgot to show pictures from Good Friday when my brought over the kids Easter Baskets so they would have them to open on Easter Morning from her but Daniel wanted to open his right then so he did!







So, I leave my Easter post with this... We attended the most amazing Good Friday Service at church... an amazing time of remembrance of how much Jesus loved us that he gave his one and only Son so that we can spend eternity with Him! What an overwhelming thought that is and to know that HE loves me completely and unconditional like no human is ever capable of loving me! Then Easter Sunday was completely joyous and as always, completely thought provoking and challenging! Every day a week before Easter, I read a book to Daniel on the REAL MEANING of this amazing day... he doesn't get it all right now but I know I am laying a foundation for the strong morals and values that is our job to instill in to him... this makes my job as a parent so challenging but have so much meaning and purpose! Every day (sometimes more than once a day!) I pray and ask God to give me wisdom to raise my children the way I should because I need it... LOL!

Happy Easter from the Wilson's!

No comments: