Friday, February 25, 2011

Valentine's Day

I took this picture the Sunday before Valentine's Day... Daniel LOVES Moon Sand and I HATE moon sand! LOL! However, as long as he takes it outside, I am okay with it. This stuff is soooo messy... way worse than play doh!



So, I took my crafty son inside to make Valentine's Day cards for Daddy!



So, here is my very romantic Valentine's Day Story... I hear my phone receiving text messages at 5:15AM! Brendon rolls over and says, "Go get your phone and check your texts!" I am still half asleep and say something like, "If someone really needs me, they can call me!" He gets up and go gets it for me... I check my text messages and it had a full breakfast menu of several different options on it from my husband! He decided he wanted to make me breakfast in bed and for us to enjoy it together BEFORE our kids woke up! Thus.. he needed to start at 5:15AM since they wake up at 6:30 or 7AM! It was like heaven on earth!


... When Daniel woke up, he walked in our room and was like... What the heck is going on??? LOL! He thought it was so cool that we were eating in our bed! So we invited him to come join us and had some extra pancakes waiting for him!


Mom! Put the camera down!

Let's just say that our Valentine's Day was CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY busy! My mom always hosts a really nice Valentine's Day brunch, high tea or lunch... this year it was at The Foothills Country Club! This group of ladies are some of the most amazing and powerful women... so glad they are in my life!
Then that afternoon was little Aiden's 1st birthday party! This is absolutely crazy... 4 of my friends had their babies in February and all 4 of them had boys! Katie's little boy (Jackson) had his 1st birthday party the same day as Dominick and Brooklyn (just didn't take any pics so I didn't have any to post after theirs), and Valentine's Day was Kattia's little boy's birthday party (no pics again!) The Saturday before V-Day was my friend Lisa's little boy (Landon) 1st birthday and I had the stomach flu for that one (so no pics!)

Anyway, after the birthday party, Daniel had a "Meet the coach/ team" meeting for soccer! The coach was going to be passing out their uniforms for the game that was going to be on Saturday and she had a little practice with them too!


Daniel's friend Asher from pre-school is on the team with him... and his friend Carson from pre-school is too!


Daddy and Katelyn hanging out on the soccer field!



My baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So... I officially have the title "Soccer Mom" now... how is this possible? It makes me feel sooo old! Yes, I think every post from now until my birthday is going to have a reference to me aging... people, I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!


He L.O.V.E.S. his soccer uniform! I think he would sleep in it every night if we would let him!


They get the jersey, shorts and matching socks! Oh my gosh! He looks so stinkin' cute in it!

Well... the Valentine's Day loot... Yes! My babies got a lot of it! I totally forgot to take pictures of everything... Daniel got lots of Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs and books from us as he is back into Thomas now and Katelyn got some cute Valentine's Day books from us too and them my mom brought them some stuff over too!

Since Valentine's Day was so crazy, Brendon and I dropped the kids off with my parents on Tuesday night and we went out to dinner and then went to the movies and watched the most hilarious movie EVER! Daniel reminds me daily to take down our Valentine's Day decorations because "it is over!" but at our house we keep them up until the end of February because Brendon and I got married 2 weeks after Valentine's Day... and I like to keep everything romantic until our anniversary (which is this Monday!)

Happy Valentine's Day from The Wilson's!

2 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

I LOVE all these pictures!!! The soccer ones are too cute and the ones of you and Katelyn in the pink are my FAV!!!! I am hoping to see you Sunday we are getting over more colds so hopefully all will be better!!!

Jill Carilli said...

Too cute! Please let me know if you want me to help you change the font color of your blog so I dont have to highlight to read it anymore. :)

love ya! xoxo