Friday, April 15, 2011

On Becoming 30....

So... I just started reading a blog that a friend of mine writes... we knew each other from college and have probably not talked since then but I saw her blog on Facebook, checked it out and LOVE it! She also just turned 30 and this is what she had to say. She has a way with words so I will use her words to describe how I feel:) and my personalization is in brackets... LOL!

I'm turning (turned) 30 tomorrow (last week).
Thirty!!!!!
The Lord has been flooding my heart and mind with reflection down to the smallest details and memories.
Examination. It's beautiful, it's challenging, it's life giving.
I've come up with various answers and responses to my pondering.
A lot I don't know. A few things I do know are certain.

One, my Father loves me. I am His beloved. He is a Father to the fatherless. He is the extender of love, life, grace, and joy. I need Him.
Two, I am in love with my husband. He's just plain dreamy to me. He loves me well and pursues me with honor. I am in awe of his patience and love for me. I want a husband like him for my girls (girl) some day.

Three, I adore my little girls (girl and boy). There is nothing better than the first minute I laid eyes on each of them. I thought my heart was going to burst with love and joy. There's nothing better than their newborn snuggles, their baby coos and cuddles, their toddler giggles, and their little girl (boy) voices and embraces.

I'm turning 30.
I'm the soccer mom with the suburban (Hyundai), constant coffee mug in hand, with desires to buy the tacky Easter bunny wreath and be the cliche that stays in her sweats (jeans) all day while folding laundry and watching her lovies play.
I'm the cook (working on this one!), the wife, the one with the fussing kids in the grocery store check out line.
I search for coupons (I wish I had more time for this!), pour my littles milk, change hundreds of diapers...
...this is my life.
And I love it and couldn't ask for more!


So here I am, heart swirling with emotion and excitement from the night's gathering (multiple celebrations!). My house is quiet, everyone is soundly dreaming. Here I sit, a woman joyfully grateful and blessed. As they all sleep, I thank the Father for His blessings over my life.
Thirty is going to be lovely!

No comments: