Sunday, September 19, 2010

The D Man!

Yes, somehow this has become Daniel's new nickname this month... it will probably change next month! My dad always said that we never knew what our real names were because we were NEVER called by them... LOL! I don't know if I ever call my kids by the name that we CHOSE for them either... hehe!

I remember after I gave birth to Katelyn, I couldn't WAIT for Daniel to meet his sister... I think it is one of the greatest joys of having a second child... now they are starting to interact and it makes my heart smile!


Daniel has taken his role as Big Brother very serious and Katelyn makes it very easy for him to be the best Big Brother because she absolutely adores him and laughs at his every move... stops crying when he sings to her and loves kissing him!


Oh Lord, thank you so much for these babies! They are my greatest gifts and my joy and blessings!


Daniel makes up some of the funniest games... most of them require running down the long hallway and chasing Max... but for this day, he got extremely creative!


I was making lunch and he had taken out my hot pads and put them on the ground and he played with these forever... they were bases for a baseball game then they became hurdles to jump over and a zillion other games! So, mammas out there reading this... forget the expensive toys, buy the CHEAPO hot pads form Ikea and keep your kid busy for at least an hour... LOL!


Then Katelyn was placed on the sidelines as his personal cheerleader... every time he ran by her, she would crack up laughing with belly laughs!


Here was another jumping game!

As a side note, please don't judge me based on outfits that you see him in while he is at home=) He is REALLY into dressing himself right now and I am okay with his clothing selection as long as he is at home... when we leave the house, then that is when I have to give him some coaching!

No comments: