Friday, November 19, 2010

Pre-School came to OUR HOUSE!

We decided to enroll Daniel into Joy School this year... basically it is a home based pre-school. There are 6 families and we all purchased the curriculum and supplies at the beginning of the year and we switch homes every week... I just LOVE this program! This was our 1st week to have it at our house and I loved it!

However, I have to say that it is a LOT of work preparing to teach because the curriculum is very involved and hands on for the kids. The theme for the week was THE FIVE SENSES and below are just some of the items I had out for all of our projects!
The other thing I was NOT prepared for was how Daniel was going to handle it... he started off sooooo excited for pre-school to come to his house then half way into it the 1st day, he had a complete melt down! I think he wasn't feeling very well and it was just overwhelming... when we went through our training, they warned us that our child would be the worse when pre-school was at our house=) Thank God my MIL was with me and she took him upstairs for the rest of the time...

Free Play!

Table Time!
For example, I had to hide a popcorn popper behind a big piece of cardboard... and the kids had to guess what it was based on their sense of hearing and smelling then they got to use their sense of sight to watch it finish popping!

Snack Time!

We ended the day with outdoor play... sand and water play!




Overall, it was a very challenging experience with all of the preparation and working with Daniel but I am still very happy with our decision to choose Joy School this year! I also have a new appreciation for teachers!

No comments: