Saturday, November 1, 2008

A lonely and sad night...


... Daniel spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house for the first time and Brendon and I were so sad and lonely before going to sleep=( He did great though! We went over to their house last night for a really fun party... one of their neighbors hosted quite the bash with tons of food, inflatables, a hunt for pumpkins full of candy and toys, lots of games for the kids, hayrides and trick or treating (we skipped that part because we don't really eat candy and the driveways in my parent's community are way too long to walk for 1 piece of candy anyway!) Around 8:30 Brendon and I left to go see The Dark Knight at the IMAX theater - totally amazing!


The above picture is Daniel and Daddy heading to the party!

Daddy holding his skunk!

To the left of Brendon is my brother Phillip dressed up as a BMX racer which he really is one and is absolutely incredible at the sport! He is also an amazing uncle to Daniel and Daniel already idolizes him - it is really cute!

Since, I have not blogged since last week, let me start with the beginning of the week...
Aunt Leigh Anne and Uncle Aaron came over Monday night to watch Daniel... we are so blessed to have a family who truly loves and cares for Daniel so much! Brendon took me to Charleston's for dinner and I had Chicken Fried Streak (yum!!!!) and Brendon had ribs and steak (my mouth is salivating!) and we had artichoke dip as our appetizer... ahhhh!!!!
On Tuesday we went to Gymboree for their baby music class with our friends and Daniel LOVED it! I have never seen his eyes light up so much and get so big - he loved the teacher too! She was very good at keeping the babies attention - she would get one instrument down for one song for all of us to play then it seemed like the next minute she picked those up and got something else down and Daniel was SO entertained!

So happy....
Playing with maracas!


Playing with scarves...


On Wednesday, we went over to Tammy and Libby's house for a play date with our group of friends... AND we planned our Christmas gift exchange and pulled names - I can't believe Christmas is almost here! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited... it is my favorite holiday!

On Thursday, we went to the cutest Halloween party... the organizers of this play group that I have been involved with for a while put a lot of work and planning into this event and the kids had a blast! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera but I had many friends who took pictures and will send them to me shortly... anyway, there was so much food... I feel like the holidays have started already with all the food I have ate this week at the parties! They also played "Pin the nose on the pumpkin," decorated cupcakes, and played a modified version of "Bobbing for Apples." They even got goodie bags - so fun!

Friday morning was very special as we went to Gilbert Mercy Hospital as an alumni for the Halloween party... when Daniel was just a tiny baby we started going to the New Mom Group at the hospital for babies from birth to 12 months and this is where we met so many friends that we still get together weekly with! It was very sentimental... as the moms that are now a part of that group were there with their tiny babies and it seemed like just yesterday that was Daniel and I! There is a wonderful lady/ RN named Tracy that runs this group and she was an angel during my first year of being a mom... every week she would "teach" a class or have another expert come in and teach on something specific and I learned SOOOO much! She also was there for all of us moms whenever we needed her - a precious woman who I know will be in our lives for a while!

Daniel dressed up as a stinkin' cute skunk!

My friend Leah and her cute baby boy Jackson and our friend Sheila's precious boy Kai!


From Left to Right: Daniel and I, Catherine and Kenzie, Leah and Jackson, Sheila and Kai... in the back row is Tammy and Libby... we were missing Kristy and Asher and Kattia and Andrew


Wow! What a week! I read this week that almost every little girl has four childhood dreams...
1.) To Be A Bride
2.) To Be Beautiful
3.) To Be Fruitful (have children)
4.) To Live Happily Ever After
I thought that was so good - it really sums up my dreams and feel very blessed that God has allowed them to come to pass!

No comments: