Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Fall Week in Arizona!

I am still trying to figure this picture thing out.... all of the pictures are in opposite order of what I wanted=)

Anyway, we had a very busy but very fun day yesterday... it started out that Daniel and I did a 2 mile walk to raise money for the Crisis Pregnancy Center. There were about 30 people from our church who did it as well and I believe we were able to raise a large amount of money for the CPC! I put Daniel in long sleeves and a jacket because it was actually cool in the morning and by 10:30AM it was blazing hot so I had to strip the poor child down to his onesie=)

Then in the afternoon, we went to Aubrey's 2nd birthday party... it was a lot of fun! All the kids dressed up in their costumes... what was I thinking when I bought Daniel's costume? He could only wear it for a few minutes because it was way too hot for him!

They also had a petting zoo and Daniel was fascinated with all of the animals... he named them all "MAX!"

He loved the little pigs!
I was praying so hard he wasn't going to touch this animals "back side!"



Here he is in his adorable dinosaur costume and his little "lady bug" friend! All the kids looked SO cute in their costumes!



They also decorated pumpkins but I didn't get a chance to take pictures of that because I was chasing Daniel around for most of this party and watching him drink 4 juice boxes of APPLE JUICE! I usually dilute his apple juice with water but I let him drink them straight from the box as a treat since nutrition rules are supposed to go out the window for a birthday party! I was very thankful that Aubrey's mom decided to buy the 100% juice brand with no added sugar!
Then on Saturday night, we went over to our friends Clint and Jennifer's house in Maricopa for dinner... we had a great time with great friends! Another couple was there with their two little girls and Daniel had such a great time playing with them - the cutest was watching them play/sing "Ring Around The Rosie!"
On Friday night, my mom came over to the house to watch Daniel and Brendon and I got to have a nice date night!
Then on Thursday, I hosted a playgroup at my house and I ran to Fresh & Easy to buy pumpkins for the kiddos to paint and the lady gave me these beautiful lilies complimentary! Another reason I LOVE this store! I have really enjoyed watching these lilies open up every day... I should have taken a picture from today - they are gorgeous! I LOVE FRESH FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said, at our playgroup they painted pumpkins - what a mess but what fun! The below picture is Daniel's masterpiece!
Here is Daniel in his painting gear - this is after I cleaned him up so just imagine what he looked like before!
All of the babies playing in the rock garden after painting!

On Thursday Night we hosted our couples group and had a great time!
One of the play groups we are part of went to the coolest playground that I have ever been to in my entire life on Wednesday called Playtopia!http://www.chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=666 Trust me! They did not have playgrounds like this when we were kids! Daniel had such a great time and so did I! My favorite part was that instead of sand on the ground, they have these real unique wood chips so the babies don't get as dirty!
On Tuesday night, we had Ryan and Matt over for dinner and a game night! These two guys started as interns at Christ Life Church under Brendon's oversight in the summer and were hired full time in the fall... they still work with Brendon and we enjoyed hanging out with these two incredible guys!
As I said in my last post.... last Saturday I tried the baby hiking backpack and really hurt my back so my wonderful mother watched Daniel for me most of Monday because I could hardly walk! Thankfully, I am feeling much better but I have a new found respect for my back!
Off to my Beth Moore Bible Study!

No comments: