Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving next week???

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week! Every year the holidays hit me totally out of the blue... I wake up one morning and think... Oh my gosh! I have to get into the holiday spirit!!! YEAH! I think it is even stranger living here in Arizona where the weather is 80 degrees and we are thinking of Thanksgiving and Christmas but I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, on Tuesday night I hosted a Discovery Toys party at my house so all of us mom's could get a head start on Christmas shopping and we had a blast! Discovery Toys are so great because they are very educational and great quality toys - they have had no lead re-calls, etc and they have a lifetime warranty... so we found some great toys for our kiddos!

I had to post the picture below because it shows Daniel's cute hand motion that he does when you ask him "Where something is?" He holds his hands like, "I don't know, where?"



Also, he just learned how to blow into his whistle this week and make beautiful music!


Again, speaking of the holiday spirit, my friend Jill hosted a Pie Tasting Party at her house on Wednesday and she already decorated for Christmas! How exciting! She inspired me so much that we put ours up today too!

The below picture is Amanda holding her adorable son Paxton AND Daniel in front of Jill's tree... because I was holding Jill's new baby Ryen and Daniel freaked out... he has a major jealousy issue that we are trying to work on!


Daniel pushing Ella's baby doll stroller!

Daniel also learned how to open our doors this week so I caught him here getting into my pantry!

In the pantry, pointing to what he wants!


Daniel throwing himself on the floor when I told him "No" that he can't get into mommy's pantry!

Below is Daniel testing mommy to see if she really meant "No" that he couldn't get into the pantry... this whole power struggle has ended with us installing baby locks on our doors=)

I was so glad that I was able to get the below moment on camera... Daniel found Max's leash and attached it to his bear to take him for a walk around the living room!

Daniel and I made are our Thanksgiving Cards this year... I thought that they turned out super adorable!


On Thursday we had a play date with Audrey - her mommy is going to have a baby in less than six weeks and we can't wait to meet Izzy! It was also my parent's 32nd wedding anniversary.... we had them over for dinner last Sunday to celebrate! I feel so blessed to have incredible role models like them!
We went to two very cute birthday parties today so I will post some pictures soon of the fun!

1 comment:

Jill Carilli said...

I love that you put your tree up! I also love the Thanksgiving Hand print cards that you guys made. I hope our Thanksgiving turkey craft tomorrow looks just as good! Thanks for coming to the pie tasting! Great to have you over!