Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

Daniel is in bed... sleeping just like an angel! Brendon and I love going into his room after he has fallen asleep just to watch him - it is so precious!

Yesterday, Daniel and I went with some friends to a really fun place called ARTVILLE http://www.arizonamuseumforyouth.com/artville.aspx . This is a museum created for little guys under age 4 - every room has a theme like the living room, kitchen, garden, art studio, art gallery, performing arts center and the list goes on! I have a feeling we will be visiting this place a lot=)

ARTVILLE is located right in the historic village of Mesa which has some fun shops like Bella Fine - http://bellafinedecor.com/, Blissful Living Studio, http://www.blissfullivingstudio.com/ and Domestic Bliss http://www.domesticblissdesign.com/ to name a few - so if you ever come to Phoenix, make sure you visit downtown Mesa, as there are so many museums, art galleries, theaters, antique shops, and great places to eat BUT most importantly is ADORN LOUNGE. Melinda who has done my hair since I moved here sold her old salon and opened this salon in the Spring and it is AMAZING! I thoroughly feel like Cinderella as soon as I walk through her front doors - she gives only celebrity treatment and she could be an amazing interior designer in addition to her talents with hair and an incredible business woman! I just love spending the afternoon with her as it litterally take 2+ hours for her to do my hair so you can only imagine how much we talk about in 2+ hours! Of course, a lot of the time is spent talking about my baby Daniel so I had to stop by Adorn Lounge since I was in the area so Melinda could see Daniel as she only gets to hear about him but hardly gets to see him.

Then last night Brendon had a spontaneous idea to hike South Mountain as a family so I packed Brendon some hiking clothes, got myself and Daniel dressed for the adventure, stopped and bought one of those baby backpacks for hiking and met Brendon at the office and off we went to hike South Mountain! It is getting that time of the year around here where we can start enjoying the outdoor sports/activities because it is starting to cool down in the evenings! On our way home, we stopped at the famous Southern California Fast Food Joint IN-N-OUT for some yummo burgers and fries! http://www.in-n-out.com/

Today, Daniel and I met some friends at the mall. We went to Stride Ride to get Daniel's foot measured - he is now a 4.5! Then we all took the babies to the pet store because they LOVE looking at the puppies. We ended our time at the Wildflower Bread Company http://www.wildflowerbread.com/ for their kids' afternoon activity which includes a glass of milk, a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie and an art activity for the kids to do! Yes, I let Daniel have sugar today - I was only going to let him have a bite of the cookie BUT he wanted more so I let him eat half of the cookie! I think he is a total addict now=) It was so nice to have fun girl time at the mall!

Happy October! Good Night!

No comments: