Saturday, October 4, 2008

Daniel's Busy Social Life

Daniel is taking his Saturday afternoon nap after partying the day away at A's Birthday party! Daniel LOVES birthday parties... balloons is the first thing he notices, he loves cake (and he only gets it at b-day parties!), new toys to play with, friends to hang out with, and good food! Daniel ate SO MUCH FOOD this afternoon - I couldn't count how many pieces of cheese he ate and how many times we had to go back to get more fruit salad for him... it was kind of embarrassing=)

On Thursday we got to attend the Mommy and Me Play Group that we have at church and I just love hanging out with those moms! We are reading Shepherding a Child's Heart http://www.shepherdpress.com/product.php?productid=16134&cat=0&page=1 and I am really enjoying it as well as our conversation about the book in our group! The play group was at our friends Sara and Audrey's house and Audrey has dress-up necklaces that Daniel was totally obsessed with ... in fact, he had to have all 8 around his neck the whole time! At one point, Audrey had 2 around her neck and Daniel went over to take those off her neck to put on his! I am glad that Brendon was not there to see his son with 8 pretty necklaces hanging around his neck=) I couldn't stop laughing!

Then Thursday night, we have our couples life group that we host at our house and we always enjoy that!

Yesterday I took Daniel to a Kindermusik Sign and Sing class http://www.kindermusik.com/Classes/SignSing.aspx with some of our friends and he LOVED IT! I am just really enjoying this stage because he is very eager to learn new things! I was so proud of him because he started using baby signs around 10 months old so he already new some of the signs they were teaching.

Now it is our time to have a social life, so Brendon and I are going to drop Daniel off at Phillip's Basketball game and my parents are going to watch him this evening so we can do something fun!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: