Saturday, September 27, 2008

Switchfoot, Third Day and Jars of Clay - Music Heaven!

Our friends Kat and Rich invited us to go with them on Thursday night to a concert at Dodge Theater - we had such a great time! Brendon and I love listening to great music... especially REALLY loud rock and roll! We had amazing seats - 14th row from the front and dead center! The best band by far was SWITCHFOOT - they were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The concert started at 6:00 and we left at 10:30 and it still was not over - how awesome is that! Five hours of incredible music!

We had to get home around 11ish because our babysitter had school the next day... babysitting has to be the sweetest job around! Odd fact, but did you know that what it cost for our babysitter for 1 night is almost half (probably closer to 1/3) of what it costs to have a nanny per week?!?! Hourly babysitting and weekly nanny positions' pay scales are polar opposites! Another thing to add to your family budget if you are thinking of having kids=)

Brendon takes most Friday's off and tries to do something with Daniel so I went and got a Spa Pedicure - ahhhh! I actually won a $50 gift certificate to this salon (I can't say I have never won anything anymore!) so it made the pedicure all the more exhilarating!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree about how much fun it is to listen to great music together! Ryan surprised me with tickets to a Michael Buble concert this weekend and I can't wait...of course, Ryan and I have special memories from our first Michael Buble concert together in NYC:-)