Wednesday, January 22, 2014

April 2013



Literally the day after Easter, we left for Phoenix as our Spring Break started!  It just so happened to also fall on the dates of my birthday and Katelyn's!  

This was our first time back to Phoenix since we had moved 9 months prior

There was a new outlet mall that opened in Phoenix so we went for the grand opening and they had lots of special events like face painting... obviously, we wore Daniel out! 

I miss Melinda SO much from Adorn Style Lounge so I set an appointment to get my hair done :)

We love our dentist too so we all set appointments for cleanings


We stopped by the church offices and a former campus pastor at Christ Life stopped by and surprised everyone... he had moved to Alaska!  It was like a big reunion!


We also hung out by Grandma and Poppy's pool and spa a lot


We had playdates with some of friends


We went to my sister in law and brother in law's house for dinner one night and they got the kids these cool straw glasses!



Okay... cool story!  Brendon took me to Benihana's for my birthday and we noticed our waiter had this tattooed on his arms so we asked him if he was New Jersey and he was and he lived less than 30 minutes from where we live!  Small World story!   


Actually that was the nice part about being back with Grandma and Poppy, we got to go on a couple of dates and know the kids were in really good hands!

One of the sweetest things my mom wanted to do was throw some birthday parties for Katelyn's 3rd birthday!  She planned the whole thing and had everything ready to go when we got there.... her and Katelyn decided it was going to be a "Hello Kitty" party.

The party on Saturday was with all my playgroup friends.... 

I miss these girls SOOOO much!  However, as it goes with good friends, you can pick up right where you left off! 


 The party was at a park where I had her 1st birthday party and here are some pictures of the details of the party:)









Tattoos for the kids


Hello Kitty Water Color Painting





My mom had these adorable cake pops made.... it was so hot it started to melt!


Pin the bow on Hello Kitty









Cake Time!











All the kids!  (Us attempting a group shot!)
























Present Opening Time at Grandpa and Poppy's!


















Sunday morning, Brendon spoke at Christ Life Church 


Then after church, we had all of our church friends over to my parents house for another birthday party!  Again, it was SO nice to catch up with everyone and I loved that we had two parties so I had more time to talk to people.









Ball through the hoop game



Watercolor Painting




 Some of her friends wanted her to open their presents in front of them before they left so she did


These sweet girls gave Katelyn a baby doll for her 2nd birthday and she LOVED it so they got her another baby doll because they knew how much she loved babies!





Present Opening Time


Brendon got in a quick coffee date with his sister while I was packing up as we had a red eye flight that night!


As if we were not flying out late enough, our plane was delayed a little bit so she was pretty much going crazy and loved that she had a captive audience so she sang for them, danced for them!

s

Brendon somehow got his own seat and I got one of the 3 seaters.... so 1 kid laid their head on one leg and the other kid on the other leg and that is how they slept for the whole 5 hours!  I on the other hand was not very comfortable BUT I was very thankful they slept!





Then it was back to school!


Katelyn had dance pictures... the studio takes this very serious.... like there was professional people to do their hair!


Hanging out in Ocean City one Saturday afternoon for an event



One Sunday... we HAD a lot going on... we had chair massages, baptisms, a BBQ, and a wedding.... I think there were a few other things too but I don't remember them:)



I also follow a blog where the lady went on a juice cleanse and after reading all the benefits, I convinced Brendon to do it with me!  We borrowed a really nice juicer from Ili and for several days we did nothing but juice!


We take lots of pictures of him doing his homework because sometimes that feels like all we do when he gets home from school!


Daniel's school has this event called Race for Education and it is a fundraiser... Daniel at 5 years old ran 3.75 miles!  They have 1 hour to run as many 
laps as they can.... I was so proud of my little man!


Then we ended the month doing an amazing simulcast with Priscilla Shirer.... we had a photo booth station set up and these crazy elders were posing!


Breakfast was served!


No comments: