Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break... Week 1

*** Just a side note, I started working on this post on March 24th... here it is April 17th and I am finishing it!

Well... Spring Break had a whole new meaning this year... this is Daniel's 1st year in pre-school and pre-school has Spring Break! Even though Daniel is only in pre-school 2 mornings a week for 3 hours each day, I didn't realize how much he NEEDS school and how much I appreciate the little break! I told Brendon... this is why people go away for Spring Break or you would have to work really hard to plan a zillion places to go and things to do so your kid wouldn't go crazy during Spring Break!

I heard every day (20 times a day!), "Mommy, what are we doing tomorrow morning? After lunch and I take a nap, then what will we do?" My kid is a total planner... he has to have his clothes picked out the night before and he needs the whole run down of his schedule for the next day before he goes to bed at night and now he is adventuring into the whole week's schedule! I am totally convinced that this kid's strength will be project management and time management will NEVER be an issue for him!

Wednesday morning, Lauren came over and did my hair and cut his hair (which he LOVES!) then we met Kim to go to Marley Farms. We found out that Katelyn is completely TERRIFIED of horses... we typically walk by the stables on our way to the petting zoo and Katelyn thought that an animal that is 1000x the size of her who leans his long neck way down in her stroller was way too scary! Honestly, I thought it was adorable because it was the 1st time she showed the emotion of fear! Well, between the 4 kids and the 2 cameras... we got 0 pictures!

Unfortunately, we didn't get out much because my car was in the shop getting worked on... remember my accident I had last August? Well, I never took my car to the body shop to get the damage repaired because when can this mamma go 3 -5 days without a car? Ummm... NEVER!

So, we stayed home and had lots of quality time with my kiddos! We had to get the gates out because Katelyn is into EVERYTHING! I couldn't even go to the bathroom without her doing something she wasn't supposed to! This was her 1st time in it and this was the last time she thought it was great! So we don't enclose it anymore... we just set it up to keep her out of areas that she shouldn't be in.... I couldn't imagine NOT having this!


Katelyn also loves her baby stroller! Just wait until you hear about Katelyn's OBSESSION with babies in future posts... I find it fascinating!


The next set of photos are MY FAVORITE!!!

So, here is Katelyn getting into our entertainment center... naughty girl=)

.... touching mommy's candles and shells while I am telling her, "No, no" with a camera in a hand!=) Apparently she could tell that I really meant it.

Then she moves on to the next built-in... I had cleverly put her toy box and table in front of this one so she couldn't get to my things BUT she was not happy that I had set up this barricade! So, enjoy seeing the happiest baby ever get a temper... LOL!

She is looking at me... and her face says it all!

... Now she is MAD!

... somehow she had squeezed the table and toy box over by a few inches and that was enough for her little fingers to get what she wanted! She has perseverance... one day this will get her very far in life if she perseveres for the RIGHT things!

Thursday was St. Patty's Day and we went to my mom's house for corn beef and cabbage... yummy! For some reason, I really wasn't in a picture taking mood this week... LOL!

Friday night we went out to dinner with The DeLaTorre's to this very authentic Mexican place in Mesa... it was very fun! I wish I could remember the name because it was such a fun place and so authentic so I highly recommend it! It wasn't just a place to eat at.. it was a place to EXPERIENCE.

Adios, Amigas!

No comments: