Friday, June 25, 2010

Catching up....

Summer... there really is nothing like it! Starting Memorial Day was lots of graduation celebrations, Memorial Day BBQ's, Swimming.... sigh!

Daniel is only 2 months away from turning 3 and he is all boy... full of energy that NEEDS to be burned on a daily basis or he is like a caged up lion that will go crazy! So, I signed him up for gymnastics for the month of June... the first class I brought both him and Katelyn thinking I could totally handle it (this is a mom and tot gym class!). Needless to say, it is hard to hold a newborn and spot your 3 year old doing flips, etc! She did stay in her carrier part of the time but he is so obsessed with his sister that he had to check on her every 2 minutes to make sure she was "okay." It really melted my heart but she was also a huge distraction. So, I had "Plan B" for the next week... my friend Jenny is a nurse and they work 3 twelve hour shifts so she told me that she would love to help me with my kids on her days off! So, I asked her if she wanted to come to gym class with me the next week to hold Katelyn and she thought it would be a blast... she came all the way to the class and it was CANCELED! ugghhhh! So, she came the following week to help as well and I will blog more about that night later=)

The other big news for June is I started back to the gym! I would have started much earlier but the infant room starts at 8 weeks at my gym so the day she turned 8 weeks, I was back to the gym and I am feeling so great! Did I mention that the workers all scream when Katelyn arrives and say, "Our favorite baby is here!" It makes it so easy for me to leave her with them because I watch how they cuddle her and she is bringing "Pure Refreshment" http://wilsonfamily-az.blogspot.com/2010/05/where-did-her-name-come-from.html to them! Actually this morning, Brianna only had Katelyn in the infant room and when I went to pick her up, they were both cuddling and asleep!

I also planned a surprise birthday party for my dad the first week in June! There are no pics on my camera because I was sooooooooooooooooo busy with that! It totally wore me out but it turned out awesome!

Summer also means WEDDINGS! I went to a bridal shower on Sat morning with Katelyn... such a fun, girly experience! That evening we ended the perfect summer night with a BBQ dinner at our friend Jenny and her fiancee Kyle's house!

I thought I would insert a random picture... My 2 precious babies that make me the happiest girl in the world... also the most tired girl in the world - HAHA! I am so thankful for how much Daniel loves Katelyn.... he thinks Katelyn loves cars already! Who knows? Maybe she does!

Monday, I took both of them to Peter Piper Pizza... funny story here, this was the day for our church playgroup and I sent out the e-mail and said that this week we were doing Bounce Jungle and the following month we were doing Peter Piper Pizza... except that I wrote it on my calendar backwards so when we got to PPP, there was no one there! Daniel was sooooo bummed and I felt TERRIBLE! We still had a good time... it was kind of nice to spend time with my little buddy!

That week we also had a playdate at my friend Kristy's house then rushed out to get my hair done! It felt so good as I haven't had it done since right before Katelyn was born!

That weekend we had another graduation party! ... and we swimmed our lives away!


My two favorite males in the whole wide world!

Unfortunately, Katelyn won't be making it into the pool this summer as she is too young... Daniel was 8 months when he experienced the pool first and I am going to wait until she is past 6 months per my pediatrician's recommendation. However, she will be sporting some super cute bathing suits/ sun hats this summer!


Monday I took Katelyn for her 2 month pictures... I took Daniel every month for his pictures the fist year of his life so I have to do this for Katelyn too! It is quite the commitment! Later that day, we met Sara and A & I at the Chandler Airport for lunch and airplane fun! Daniel is totally obsessed with airplanes after flying to Florida with my dad! He loved this trip!


No comments: