Monday, March 29, 2010

Visit to the Hospital


So... last Thursday, Daniel and I went to a play date with some of our friends and on Friday night, several people that attended the play date got the stomach flu! Unfortunately, Daniel was one of them... he threw up 3 times but was done by Saturday morning and just took it easy on what he ate after that.

This morning... I woke up at 1AM feeling awful but I am almost 38 weeks pregnant so I am not supposed to be feeling great but it was a different feeling... 6AM this morning, I started puking and realized I had also gotten the stomach flu=(

I called my doctor and the nurse said she wasn't concerned about me keeping food down (probably because she looked at my charts and said this girl has gained plenty of weight for both of them... LOL!) but she was very concerned about me keeping liquids down... well, at 11:30 I had not been able to keep any liquids down. I was still throwing up and Brendon was freaking out... I told him that I was okay but when it comes to his kids, he takes NO RISKS! So, he called the doctor himself and of course, they told him to take me to OB Triage...

The unfortunate part of this whole story is that Daniel saw me throwing up and it totally freaked him out... he went into the living room and curled up in a little ball on our couch and had the saddest look on his face! I went over to him and told him I was okay and he didn't want me to touch him or talk to him.... my heart just broke. My mom came to pick him up and he couldn't wait to get out of our house and see her=( It just makes me so sad as I know he feels sooo insecure and knows something is happening but he just doesn't know what...

On the way to the Triage... Brendon stopped at Circle K to get me an ice pop which my doctor's nurse recommended and it actually made me feel better. We got to triage... they said that the baby's heartbeat was great, her movement was great, and I was having contractions (no duh! I have had those since 35 weeks!) I have also dilated to 3 cm and I was at 2cm this past Thursday...so, we are making progress... I waited for a long time for my doctor to call the nurses back to give further instructions. Instructions were to hook me up to an IV and get me hydrated, 2 doses of anti-nausea medicine and go on the brat diet! Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast... that is it!

I said... since I am here and don't want to come back... let's just induce me and get this baby out... the nurse said, you would make 8 women sitting at home waiting on a bed to open up really mad - LOL! However, my doctor didn't like my instructions either to induce me as he said he wants me in optimum health for labor and delivery! =)

The really cool thing is that every time a baby is born at Banner Gateway, they play a lullaby song throughout the hospital... 2 babies were born while we were there and it was really sweet!

The other really sweet thing is that I was so tired so I fell asleep in the hospital to my baby girl's heart beat beating in the room... it was the sweetest sound I could have heard!

So, Brendon is very happy that his little girl is in doing good... and his wife... hahaha!!!!

So, the wait continues for our princess' birthday!!!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

So glad you are doing well...

Feel better - get back on your feet and pop that baby out soon!

I can't wait to meet her. =)

xoxox