Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aug 11 - 18

So... Blogging is definitely not one of my strengths - haha! However, I am forcing myself to catch up 1 week at a time so that Daniel can look back at his life...

Saturday was Jackson's 2nd birthday party... it was choo-choo train themed and Jackson's mommy Leah made a very cute cake!



That evening we had dinner at my parent's house with April and Jason... Daniel thinks that my parents and brother are supposed to live with us - it is really funny!
I am going backwards in my week... That Thursday we went to our incredible community library for a special event they were having for the month of August... called PLAY AND LEARN. Basically they set up approximately a dozen play stations filled with great toys and projects to do with your child then at each station explained why that type of "play" is so important to a child's development... it ended with stories, songs, bubbles, stamps and goody bags! SOOOOO FUN!
That night I went out with some of my friends for Kattia's birthday - we ate at Catina Laredo.... yummo!
I love living in Chandler/ Phoenix because of the incredible amount of family centered activities they offer... for example, Tumbleweed Rec Center in the summer had Family Night on Wednesday nights... Kim and I took the kids to see this incredible woman who does puppets, sings, etc. The kids LOVED her!

Daniel and Kendall mesmerized by her....

They played a game with paper plates and Daniel wouldn't let go of his paper plates for the rest of the night!

Puppets!

Daniel and his buddy!







Scarves, music, dancing... learning colors!


That morning we went to Mesquite Groves pool with our playgroup... it was so nice and empty because kids are back in school! I will remember this for next year!
Lastly, we discovered this incredible toy store that has a mommy and me on Tuesday from 10 - 12... we love it! If you live in the area, you HAVE to check this place out... http://www.brilliantskytoys.com/ourstore/index.aspx?store=phoenix&nav=0&navID=welcome&email_errorID=333

That was our week... so, while I was blogging, I watched Josh Groban sing AWAKE and cried my eyes out.... I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I have to download that song on my iPod now=)





No comments: