Wednesday, September 23, 2009

August 21 - September 5

Wow! This week Brendon and I went to San Diego ALONE! My incredible parents watched Daniel for us so that we could go on this much needed vacation. When I told Daniel that he was going to Mom (that is what he calls my mom) and Poppy's house for a week... he threw his fist in the air and yelled "HORAY!" My mom said he maybe asked for me twice the whole week - he just loves being with them! This makes it easy for me to leave him for this period of time because I know he is being taken care of and that he is having a blast!

Brendon and I felt like teenagers this week... totally carefree! We slept in late every morning.... went to the beach every day... had late night dinners at the most amazing restaurants... biked the whole island of Coronado... did a kayak tour of the caves in LaJolla Cove! Honestly, we were total beach bums=)

We really didn't take that many pictures (or pictures that can make it on this blog... haha!) but the above was the Del Hotel... I should note that we stayed at the Westgate Hotel which was BEAUTIFUL! It was built after a hotel in Versailles, France.... totally romantic... the whole lobby smelled with the most amazing aromas of fresh flowers all day!
You can get some fresh, delicious SUSHI in San Diego and we totally indulged ourselves!


We spent some time at Mission Beach and we loved watching these surfer dudes!


Us totally fried after a day at the beach!

The seals at Children's Beach... this was an interesting experience with all the environmentalists out!



We explored just about every part of San Diego and our favorite beaches were on Coronado and LaJolla... we stayed in the Gaslamp Quarter and we loved that area too!
Babes, thanks for making this happen... it was the most awesome week!

1 comment:

Matthew, Meghan, Madeline, & Marabelle said...

I am so happy you got a wonderful vacation. It looks like you had a lot of fun! You are so blessed to have family close by!! :)