Thursday, December 4, 2008

Last Week's Pics

I have been sooooooooooooo busy and have wanted to post some more pics from last week but this is the first chance that I have gotten....

Last Monday, we got Daniel this water table and he loves it! The weather is so beautiful now and Daniel loves playing outside so I thought it would be a good idea to invest in some outdoor toys so he can really enjoy being outdoors and I love it too!

Monday Night, my sister and her husband flew into town and we went to a concert that night... then on Tuesday we all went to my brother's school for his Thanksgiving Feast!


Aunt Amanda and Daniel @ The Thanksgiving Feast


Then we took a little day trip to Tortilla Flats which is this cute little "town"... they have this tiny museum that you can go into and get the history of this place... below is Daniel sitting on one of the old fashion school desk/chair.


Grandma and Daniel


Grandpa and Daniel


Then we decided that we would go to the little restaurant and sit at the bar for drinks - root beer!


Christopher and I


As you can see below... the bar stools are horse saddles!


The below picture shows the walls plastered with money at this place - this is a tradition and they estimate that they have over $100K in money plastered to the walls!

Grandma made a big mistake by letting Daniel "try" her root beer... as you can imagine, he pretty much drank the whole bottle!


Then after Tortilla Flats, we went to this other cute town that was an old mining town!

On Wednesday, we all did F1 racing... lots of fun!


So... funny story about these suits! You have to watch a safety video when you first arrive and it talks about "suiting up" so we went into the locker rooms and there were the suits... we all put them on and out we all went on the track in our suits... we started looking around and noticed that we were the only ones in our suits! They were optional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We felt so silly! hahaha!


The helmets are "public" property meaning they go on all kinds of heads so they give you these caps to put on before you put on the helmets for sanitary reasons... Daniel sported his around the track too!


On Friday, we did lots of shopping and ate at Tia Rosa for lunch in Mesa... such a cool Mexican Restaurant! Honestly, we did so much shopping and eating.... I can't remember it all! On Friday night, we were going to go on a double date... Brendon, myself, my sister and Christopher but Phillip really wanted to come with us. My sister and I remember being younger and wanting to tag along on cool activities and being rejected and we didn't want to scar Phillip so he came along with us=)
This is how the hotel describes the Gondola Rides
Transport yourself to the romantic waterways of Venice aboard a beautiful Gondola. Four authentically handcrafted Italian Gondola boats are steered through the lovely waterways of our resort by professional Gondoliers. These classically trained singers will provide an Italian serenade as you cruise through one of three romantic routes on the resort's seven acre lake!
Sunday afternoon, we went to my favorite place in all Phoenix! The Farm at South Mountain! I love this place - it is so relaxing, peaceful, green, acres to run and play in, beautiful trees and gardens, and AMAZING FOOD! They also had an incredible guitar player singing jazz/blues for lunch and it was amazing!
But... we had to say Good Bye to my sister and Christopher after that... I have really missed them this week=(
As far as this week... Daniel went to his second "tumbling class" today and enjoyed it much more than the last one. He was teething for the last one and was not a happy baby!
Yesterday, we went to Audrey's house for our church's mommy and me group - always have fun hanging out with our friends!
Daniel also turned 16 months old yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! I will blog later about all of his new things he is doing now! I have to tell you that I have loved every single stage of his life from birth on... I always think, "Oh! I love this stage... I don't want this one to leave!" Then it goes and we move on to the next stage and then I think... "Oh! I LOVE this stage too... okay, I definitely don't want this one to go!" Then we move on to the next stage... and well, you get my point!
Time to put my little man down for bed! I put on a Christmas Baby Einstein DVD for him and he is totally uninterested in it... he really does not like TV of any kind. I am actually very grateful!
Good Night!

1 comment:

Face Painting By Tam said...

Oh, I can totally relate to loving each stage better than the last. Every time I speak with my best friend up in Oregon, I tell her, "I am SO in love with my kids right now. This is the BEST age so far!" To which, she always reminds me that's what I said last time we talked! Loved visiting with you all the other night. Let's do it again soon! -tam