Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Presents Already!

This has been a very festive week... I had a chance to test my baking skills! On Monday, my Hot Mamma's Group had a cookie exchange! I made the easiest Peanut Butter Cookies ever... 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg! If you want the rest of the recipe, just let me know... Brendon got to enjoy the variety of cookies I brought home for him from the party=)

Below is my little munchkin sitting at the "kid" table with his friends eating macaroni and cheese... please notice there are 2 plates of macaroni and cheese and 3 children which means it was more like "community" plates of mac and cheese!


On Tuesday, we had hosted our church's mommy and me play group at our house... below is BIG BOY Trey!


I actually got to hold Trey because Daniel was still sleeping when everyone arrived... I have mentioned before in my blog that Daniel is very jealous when I hold other babies=)

Below, we made hand print and footprint ornaments... I thought they turned out cute!

Then on Wednesday, we also hosted a Gift Exchange party at our house with some of our friends!

Above is Kristy and Asher and Baby #2 on the way=)

Back in the fall, all of us mom's pitched in and bought craft projects from Oriental Trading for us to do at play group... so, this was our last one. We did a Halloween craft, a Thanksgiving craft then our Christmas Craft (Sorry, no pics of the craft)


Since we dressed all the babies up in their Christmas outfits, we wanted to get a group picture!

The above picture took a LOT of work to get ALL 7 babies to sit for 1 second so we could click the camera! What you don't see is all 7 of us mom's standing right in front of them singing at the top of our lungs so they would sit still long enough for us to get their picture=)

After all we put them through, we finally let them open their gifts and I was so happy that Daniel actually knows how to unwrap a gift now!

He loved his bowling set and he wanted me to take it out of the box immediately so he could really play with it!
Well, I always mention in my blog Daniel's tumbling class that he is involved with on a weekly basis... I finally remembered my camera this past week!


Below is holding bean bags that they put in containers and take out, etc.

One of the last things at the end of class is bubbles!


Then on Thursday night, all of mom's from the night before at the baby gift exchange party got together for a mom's night out at Kristi's house! I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so nice to hang out with such great girlfriends, laugh, talk, play games, laugh some more.... ahhh! It was so refreshing... I can't wait until our next mom's night out next month!
I also had to include the below picture... I only gave Daniel pasta without sauce so that it wouldn't be so messy since he feeds himself. Recently he discovered he has been missing out on sauce so now dinner time has become super messy and super cute!

We had an awesome weekend as my parents gave us a weekend at the Westin Resort in Scottsdale! Daniel stayed with us the first night and the second night he stayed with my parents and we just had an awesome time in the spa, by the fire pits, dinners, watched Seven Pounds (I felt it was a very disturbing movie and I will just leave it at that)... very rejuvenating for us!

Today, we went to our Hot Mamma's Gift Exchange party as well and I am very bummed because I forgot my camera=( So, Daniel has had plenty of practice on opening gifts this week!
We just want to say that we are so thankful for each one of you that are in our lives... you enrich our lives and bring so much joy to us! Friendship is what makes life fulfilling, rewarding, and full of happiness! Merry Christmas and please take a moment over the next couple of days in the hustle and bustle of it all to remember and contemplate the true meaning of Christmas! Tomorrow night we will be attending the Christmas Eve service at Christ Life Church... if you live in the area, we would love to have you join us at 8PM. Kids are encouraged to come in their PJ's!
Merry CHRISTmas and we love you!

No comments: