Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let the Christmas Parties Begin!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite things are getting every one's Christmas Cards in the mail... I love seeing the pictures, reading the newsletters... celebrating friendships and family is just the best!

Well, we put up our Christmas tree and I thought it would be a good idea to put a gate around it so that Daniel was not tempted to re-decorate it.... Brendon was a little disappointed about the "look" of the Christmas tree (I have to admit I was a little too!) so after a few days went by and Daniel didn't really seem to touch the tree, we took down the gate and he has been great about not touching it=)

This has been a very busy week for the Wilson Family so let me start where I left off at the last post... Friday night we went over to my parents house for dinner and they also had Brian, Heather and Baby Isaiah over... it ended up being a late night for the kiddos but they did great considering it was way past their bedtime=)
Saturday Morning/ Afternoon I got re-certified in CPR/ First Aid training... I really should have done this sooner but I feel so much better now that I got my refresher course!
Then on Saturday night, Tam and Dave invited us over for a wonderful dinner! Daniel had so much fun playing with their twins Ben and Trinity!
On Sunday evening we went to a wonderful Christmas party hosted by Mario and Enid and the food was catered from Marcello's which I love... living in NY for most of my life causes me to get cravings for good Italian food every once in a while and Marcello's seems to be able to cure that craving=)
Then on Monday morning, I went to coffee with Sharon Roam and Christy Wright... I always cherish our times to get together. We usually always go to this lovely bakery called Carden's on the corner of Gilbert and Queen Creek and we found out that they are closing down on December 20th because they can no longer stay in business.... soooo sad! So, we are going to have to find a new coffee/ breakfast place.
Monday afternoon we went over to my parent's house for the staff luncheon - I feel the pounds coming on... notice how most of my comments center around food=)
Then on Monday night, we had a Christmas Party at our house for all the volunteers who help my husband with the youth program... see pics below! Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures until most people were gone=( We had a LOT of people over!



On Tuesday, we went to our friend Dawn's house... she made Gingerbread Cookies then we all decorated them. I had soooo much fun!!!! Thank you so much, Dawn for doing this!

Daniel thought icing the cookies was a waste of time when you could just eat them!

The above picture is Dawn and her little girl Kiley!

The above picture is Erin and Collin

The above picture is Jessica and Jack
After decorating cookies, we went to the mall to meet our friends Megan and Tristan for some Christmas shopping and just walking around and catching up!
Wednesday, we met up with some of our friends at a park for a picnic and play time! How awesome is that... December 10th we get to enjoy the outdoors! I love it!
Wednesday night my parent's hosted a really nice dinner at their home... again amazing food!
Thursday, Daniel went to his tumbling class! I love this class as he is able to burn tons of energy and is ready to crash at the end of it! Again, it was such a beautiful day that most of us mom's stayed after for a picnic outside at the park!
As many toys as Daniel has, I found it hysterical that he played with this bucket and my Christmas ice cubes for over 20 minutes... which is probably longer than he has ever played with any of his really nice toys=)
Friday night, Daniel and I went over to my Mom's to help her out... she hosted the 7th and 8th grade Christmas party for my brother's class. What an experience this was... I haven't hung out with teenagers in a really long time and I have to say that I had a really good time! I think I was secretly resenting that stage of having kids but after hanging out with those kids, I am actually looking forward to it now=) I know I have a while to go until I get to that stage.... haha!
Last but not least, we went to Jingle Jam today! So fun... below is Grandma and Grandpa with Daniel!

Our Friends Shiela, Kai, Leah, Jackson, Daniel and I all at Jingle Jam!

Shiela, Kai, Daniel and I

Also, Megan and Tristan joined us at Jingle Jam!

And our neighbors Mike, Gretchen and their super cute little girl Rheanne met us at Jingle Jam too... it was her birthday too!


Thank you everyone for coming with us... we had a great time!
Tonight we had another Christmas party to attend... but there is a sad story! I always bring my portable high chair with me and I walked out of the room for just a few minutes and came back in the room to Daniel screaming in daddy's arms... someone put Daniel in his high chair but did not secure it to the chair and someone else was playing ball with Daniel and he went to catch the ball and the high chair fell off the main chair with Daniel in it so he got a huge "owie" on the front of his face! I literally got physically ill when I heard and saw what happened... I can't stand to see Daniel endure or experience any pain!!!!!!!!!

As I said, it has been a very busy week for us but we love it... family, friends, fun and food!

3 comments:

The Parke Family said...

Wow! Looks like you had a crazy busy week! Glad to hear things are going well- hope to see you soon :)

The Four Webbs said...

Thanks for the sweet note! Easton, Layla and I miss you ladies also,
Merry X-Mas

Kendra :)

Tanya said...

Wow lady- You are SUPER busy. I bet you are looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend at a resort. You totally deserve it!