Sunday, December 28, 2014

Our New Home - Kitchen


 So, this is what our kitchen looked like on Inspection Day



I had an office nook in my last house and I liked it a lot


I LOVED this breakfast room.... soaring ceilings and beautiful windows... sliding glass doors to our "soon to be" deck


Pretty Sexy Blinds, huh?  Check out those paper shades over the sliding doors... classy, huh?


View from Breakfast room into the kitchen.... love that beautiful refrigerator!


How could such a pretty fridge be paired with this?  And.... where is the microwave?




The view into our living room... an open floor plan was on our "must have" list.  As much entertaining as we do, an open floor plan was a necessity


Below you can also see how it opens up into the large breakfast room


View from the breakfast room into the kitchen and living room


That door goes into our laundry room and then out to the garage


Love having a large kitchen island... had one in our last house and just loved it



Okay... so basically what we were buying was a builder grade blank canvas.  Every wall in the house was white... however, the house was VERY clean!  The first thing I thought of was my sister's house:)  We have the same cabinets and I loved the color they painted their kitchen so I called to ask her the color and she didn't know it:(


Here is her kitchen


There was another house that we had looked at and they also had a similar color in their kitchen... it was a little more muted but I liked it too




So with these pictures in mind, I try to find the right color for us and this is how ours turned out... this is us in the middle of un-packing still for forgive the mess



Our new dining set from Pier 1... We need to find a bigger rug... on my to do list




This was my kitchen as we were getting ready for a Christmas Party... yes, we changed out all the appliances to stainless and Bob installed a microwave over the oven for us


Our breakfast room with our new curtains from World Market, buffet that my husband refinished, our chalkboard that used to be a mirror and our new lighting fixture from Lowe's



Still trying to decide what we are going to put over our sliding glass doors


Okay, so for fun below is all three kitchens put together


Quite honestly, I am not sold on the color in our kitchen.... I am going to let it sit for a couple more months but I am thinking of re-painting it... just might be a little too orange for me.


So, for more fun, our house was built by Ryan Homes so above is a picture of a house that is for sell and this is how they styled their kitchen/ breakfast room

 Above is another house for sale and this is their breakfast room
Below is a model home from Ryan



 


So... that brings me to.... what else do we have left?

- New Rug in our breakfast room
- What to put over our sliding glass doors
- New Counter tops
- Hardwood Floors to go down
- Back Splash

Stay tuned as we do more updates:)


No comments: