Thursday, September 20, 2012

Labor Day Weekend 2012

September is the month that I will consider our month to EXHALE!

To find our rhythm to life again.... to process our new life and start to enjoy our new surroundings.

So, our month started off with my parents and brother coming to visit us!

Friday Night... we hit the boardwalk!

Pizza... REAL PIZZA!  There is a HUGE difference!  NY Style.... so yummy!
Daniel is also showing off his tank that he brought to purchase his hermit crab from the souvenir stores on the boardwalk:)


There are two amusement parks that are right on the boardwalk and the kids wanted to ride some rides:)

We also went to Johnson's Popcorn... let me tell you this is the BEST Caramel Popcorn you have EVER ate in your life... especially when it is hot and melts in your mouth!

Saturday was BEACH day!  My dad was craving fresh seafood so he ran up to the boardwalk and we had a DELICIOUS lunch right on the beach!  Brendon went to Chickie and Pete's to get some crab fries and chicken tenders!




Then we rented a boat for the rest of the afternoon!



That evening... we grilled out at our house and my parents stayed with the kids while we went to our church to hear Jeff Bethke.  You know this guy... his You Tube video went VIRAL

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus


Well you can imagine HOW PACKED OUT the church was to hear this guy!  What a night!  When we pulled in the parking lot, there was a line wrapping around the building.

Daniel convinced my dad to do what he LOVES best since we have moved here... go crabbing!  He has two crab traps and he loves catching all kinds of things in these things:)


Sunday was so special!  My dad spoke at New Covenant Community Church and it was our official "Installation Service."

Our friends Paul and Deborah Smith flew all the way from Phoenix to be there for this special service!

That afternoon we got to rest briefly before going to the Gilmour's for appetizers/ desert with the elders... a time for them to get to know my parents and vic versa:)

Monday - LABOR DAY!

We went to breakfast at Varsity Inn




Then we headed to see LUCY!  She is a national historic landmark!
Lucy the Elephant is a six-story elephant-shaped example of novelty architecture, constructed of wood and tin sheeting in 1881 by James V. Lafferty in Margate City, New Jersey, two miles (3.2 km) south of Atlantic City, in an effort to sell real estate and attract tourism.


We got to go inside Lucy for a guided tour... I believe she was a residence for a while and possibly a hotel???  It was pretty cool and here we are on top of LUCY... beautiful views!

Then we took our family to Atlantic City and went to the new outlet mall they have... this is the biggest mall I have been to in a long time.  You cannot think of a store that they don't have!!!!  

After that, my dad was craving seafood again... so, we headed to the Clam Bar!  

 Katelyn was exhausted and while you wait, they give the kids sidewalk chalk!  What a brilliant idea!!!!!

Tuesday!  The day I thought would never come... it has always seemed so far away.... then, just like that!  It showed up at my doorstep - My 1st born's 1st day of Kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Trust me.... this school knew what they were doing when they made the 1st day of school a half day!  I feel SOOOO blessed to have our son at this school!  I never did dream of having him in all day Kindergarten but I know this is God's will because for him to even be at this school is a complete miracle!  

Greg knew that my dad loved jet skis and he had a hook up to these practically new jet skis that were AMAZING!

When we got back from school, we put on swim suits and had some fun!

 So, this was her 1st Jet Ski ride.... she is completely fearless!  However, I wasn't sure what she would think of this.  Let's just say when we were going over 50MPH that she was trying to rip Brendon's hands off of the handle bars because she wanted to drive!  The other "Diva" side to this girl did not like to get wet or splashed... LOL!



Then it was time to pick up Daniel from school and let him know we had a surprise waiting for him when he got home!  HE WAS THRILLED!  He has rode a jet ski before and he LOVES them!


This one is in complete heaven in her new "backyard."  

That night we went back to the Clam Bar... it was so good from the night before.  In fact, the guys drove their jet skis there to have lunch but they were only open for dinner after Labor Day so they ate at another place on the water.

Wednesday... Daniel's 1st FULL day of Kindergarten.

The guys went to the church and the ladies went to the nail salon for some pedis, manis and waxing:)  This was Katelyn's 1st professional mani/ pedi... finally old enough to sit still through it and sit still long enough to let her nails/ toes dry:)  She LOVED it... as my mom said, she enjoyed it a little too much and I think she thinks this needs to be added to her weekly activity list... LOL!



She was SO MUCH FUN to watch!  This girl's personality lights up a room!  You just can't help but fall in love with her!

After that, it was lunch with the guys at CJ's Deli.... then what I was dreading most... GOOD BYE to my parents!

We will probably not see them again until December when we all meet up in Florida:(

When they left, I realized I was also really missing Daniel and I just wanted to drive to that school and pick him up... but it wasn't time.  My heart had too many holes in it and so it was an emotional day.

That night as I was putting Daniel to bed, we always ask what was the best part of your day and what was the worse part of your day.  So, he told me that there was nothing bad about his day, it was a great day!  Then he told me it was my turn... I told him that I didn't like saying Good Bye to Grandma, Poppy and Phillip and that I missed them.  Then he said, "Oh yeah, that was the worse part of my day too... I really missed you at school today!"  In the dark of his room, I almost lost it but I held it together and told him that I missed him too.  He then said, "I think I want to stay home tomorrow."  I said, "Why?"  He said, "I have already gone to school for 2 days so I think I am going to take a break."  I told him that is not how it works anymore.  He asked if the next day was a half day and I told him no then he said, "Mom, it is a really long day at school."  Inside I was thinking, "I KNOW!" but we we are going to get through this!   Everyday around lunch time, my heart starts sinking because I start really missing him and wonder who he is eating with and what they are doing... we have had lunch together almost everyday for 5 years... it feels so weird for Katelyn and I to look at each other with no brother around.

Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day too!

No comments: