Saturday, July 23, 2011

Priorites???

Just for fun... look at the below picture! What (or Who) doesn't belong? LOL! We are working on explaining to her that is not her area but she LOVES this little cut in!

This is how my weekend was going.... Katelyn who we call a "cuddle bug" because she loves to be held and cuddled... she thrives on it and she needs lots of "touch" time but this weekend she took "cudding" to a whole other level! She didn't want to be put down at any point during the day... ever! So... I looked at my house which really needed my attention and then I looked at my angel and thought I will have laundry 10 years from now but I know I will not have a 15 month old who just wants to sit on the couch and read books and get lots of hugs and kisses!


However, I thought I should bring my camera out and shoot some pictures of my house because Brendon and I occasionally have a crazy conversation on whether we should have a 3rd child and I thought I would like to take pictures of how chaotic my house looks with 2 so I can only imagine what a household of 3 would look like!


The above two pictures are of my large laundry room I have... one side is for the normal appliances that belong in a laundry room and the other side I have recently turned into a playroom to hold most of the toys that belong downstairs because I got tired of seeing them sprawled throughout the whole house:) However, please notice that there is laundry over-flowing from the washer... toys everywhere (however, toys everywhere is normal at our house!)

There was so much laundry to do that there were baskets of laundry in the kitchen and the hallway! Clingy Baby = NO LAUNDRY is getting done today! So, I had this internal argument going on... gazing at the mountains of laundry and gazing at my precious baby who was in desperate need of "mamma" time!

Did I forget to tell you about the sink of dishes... overflowing on to the counter tops and the dishwasher!!!!

More toys spread throughout the house!:)

Okay... so I will admit it... "it" (the house!) got to me and I waived the white flag of surrender. I think the boys were doing something but they were happy to step in and entertain Katelyn while I started chipping away at the mountain of housework to accomplish!


So, the laundry got washed and dried then comes part 2: Folding and putting away!
I have a little helper:) Actually Katelyn loves dressing up (already!) and piles of laundry make her so happy because she has lots of options of clothes to try on!


P.S. Do you notice all of the gallery frames in the back??? Well, that was one of our "weekend" projects to do and they are hanging on the wall in our playroom now and I love, love, love seeing lots of pictures of my babies in their playroom... must take a pic of the final project and post:)



I know if you are a mom reading this post... you get it! I have to say I really like it when my other "mom" friends have posts like this on their blogs because it makes me feel "normal" so hopefully this post did this for you... I hope you feel encouraged to know we all have been there, done that!

1 comment:

M Dzurik said...

I hear you girlfriend!!! You are an amazing Mommy and friend! :)