Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last Sunday, we went over to Sharon's house after church for a dedication celebration of Jamison! She had the food catered from a Mexican Restaurant that is a part of the resort called The Pointe (I think it has changed names but I can't think of the new name) and it was very good! After Sunday afternoon naps, we went back to my parent's house for an evening in the hot tub (Don't worry, I only put my feet in!) and we made smores in their backyard fire pit!

Monday morning, we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the whole family including Aaron and Leigh Anne for Brendon's Birthday! We always do family birthday celebrations out to breakfast as that is our favorite meal! After breakfast, the guys went on ATV's all afternoon and the ladies went shopping! That night we watched a movie and had dinner at my parent's house... also, Christopher's parents sent my parent's a cheesecake from the Famous Junior's restaurant in Brooklyn, NY and we tore that thing a part! The best part of the night was watching Christopher and Daniel playing the piano together! I pray some of Christopher's musical talent can rub off on Daniel because he doesn't have ANY musical genes from Brendon or I!


p

Tuesday.... we stayed home in the morning and in the afternoon hit some last stops that Amanda and Christopher wanted to hit before returning home the next morning. THEN, we had a whole evening planned out..... and WHAT AN EVENING IT TURNED OUT TO BE!!!! Amanda and Christopher had heard about a restaurant here called Pizza Bianco (supposedly the pizza is a life-changing experience... if you think I am kidding, read the reviews on-line!) and we heard that every single night, there is an extremely long line! So, we dropped Daniel off at Leigh Anne and Aaron's house at 4PM to head to Pizza Bianco to get in line so we could be there when they opened at 5PM! We got there around 4:45ish and there were over 140 people in line already! Are you ready for this? It was a 4 HOUR WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a typical wait time for this restaurant! We wouldn't not have ate until 9PM or later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 3 months away from having a baby, I am STARVING ALL THE TIME and I was not mentally prepared to wait that long.... there was a pub across the area that I could have ordered appetizers but then I probably wouldn't have been hungry for the pizza at 9 or 10 at night! We are definitely going to check this place out (supposedly starting in January, they are going to start taking reservations!) but I have to come mentally prepared for this one and lots of things to do to pass time!

So, we heard of another pizza place that is comparable to Pizza Bianco in Tempe and it actually was fairly good UNTIL we asked for our check... we asked for our check to be split and the lady made a HUGE deal about it and took 30 - 45 minutes to do this.... the problem was we were trying to catch a 7:15 Avatar 3-D show! We made the show but there was only 20% availability left in the theater by the time we got there so none of us got to sit together and some didn't have the best seats! When the movie ended, we noticed that my mom, Amanda and Christopher weren't there... Christopher had gotten sick and had to go home 1 hour into the movie! So, we didn't even get to say BYE to them as they left really early in the morning! WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday was my husband's actual birthday and we stayed home most of the day relaxing, going to the gym and catching up on things around the house. The past couple of days, we also started working on Daniel's room and it is going to be sooo cute... I am so excited to get it done!

Final funny story from Daniel... last night we went out to dinner and on the way home, I warned Daniel that he was going to go to bed when we got home. So, he started asking Brendon about cutting something... we thought he was saying a candle and we were like, "What the heck!" As soon as we got home, he dragged Brendon to the fridge and opened the fruit drawer and he was saying that he wanted Brendon to cut the cantaloupe! I was so amazed that he remembered this as I told him at lunch time that daddy would do it and it was so funny that he remembered on his way home... definitely a tactic to hold off bedtime!

I pray you have a Happy New Year!

No comments: