Saturday, May 9, 2009

Southern California!

I know! You thought I had given up blogging.... NEVER! We have just been away and there is always so much to do when you get back! My computer has been acting really weird too!

Anyway, the day before Brendon and I left for SoCal, I took Daniel to a play date and he LOVES play kitchen sets... I think this would make a good 2nd b-day gift!=) Do you think it is appropriate for boys to have kitchen sets? I like this one because it appears to be gender neutral=)



So, we have left Daniel only on overnight excursions but never for more than 1 night at a time! This time we left him with my parents for 5 nights! It was awesome! I knew he was having a great time with them and they take better care of him than I do =) so I was totally able to enjoy myself and not worry!
We stayed with some of our good friends Michael and Judy.... it was so good to get to see them again! Part of our reason for going to SoCal was for the Catalyst conference and Friday night I got to attend an Imagine Women's Event with Judy and I REALLY enjoyed both events!


Catalyst West Coast 2009

My BEST FRIEND Sara Grace was there too! IT WAS SUCH A SPECIAL TREAT!


Brendon with Josh and Eugene at Catalyst


Then the rest of the time was VACATION!


Huntington Beach

We went to so many beaches that I can't remember where all of the pics were taken!





We hardly ever get to have pictures taken of just the two of us so this was a real treat!


We loved SoCal! Since it is such a close drive, we will be there a lot more often!


Judy and I rode the roller coaster on the Santa Monica Pier!


Below is what your hair will look like AFTER the roller coaster!=)


Brendon and I had such an awesome time! ahhhhh!

We drove back on Sunday but my parents had to leave on Sunday for a retreat so there was going to be a 5-6 hour lapse of time that we needed someone to watch our baby! I hardly leave Daniel (he has only had a babysitter 2 or 3 times that hasn't been our family) so I could only leave him with someone I COMPLETELY trust and thankfully the Webb's were able to help us out! They have twins who are 6 months younger than Daniel and they are wonderful parents! They were even sweet enough to take pictures of their time together and send those to me! Thanks, Webb's!
Obviously, Daniel doesn't have a twin to teach him the important aspect of sharing b/c he took BOTH of their chairs!

Below pic reminds me of Daniel's crazy hair he USED to have... blog post to follow of his 1st hair cut=)



Seriously, Bronson and Kendra make having multiples like a piece of cake!






Look at those cuties!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jill Carilli said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Good for you guys. Sounds like you guys are growing a bit as parents too! ;) wink wink

The Coger Family said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I bet it was so nice to get some time together and it sounds like Daniel had fun too.