Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break!

I know that in the Wilson Family Spring Break doesn't really mean anything yet.... we don't have kids in school, it isn't taking vacation time from work (for me), I am not a teacher but we still felt the need to celebrate so here are some of our fun activities from this week=)

Monday, Kim and I decided to come up with something really fun - check out the Phoenix Children's Museum! So....I am running a few minutes behind (what else is new!) and she calls me to say that it was closed! Why didn't we think to check on that? Her husband says the two of us are like the "Blind Leading the Blind!" HAHA! So, we decided to take the kids to the zoo - we had a blast! The only bad thing was that neither one of us was planning on going to the zoo so we weren't dressed for the zoo and we didn't have the kids dressed for the zoo but we survived!


I LOVE DANIEL'S Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son trying to climb the fence to hang out with the giraffes!

Like I said, we weren't prepared for the zoo so we didn't bring them swim clothes for the splash pad!


The last time I took Daniel to the zoo, he LOVED the splash pad but this time he chickened out! I think there were too many kids for him to let loose!

Daniel and his friend Kendall in front of the huge turtles!

They also loved the Fisher Price playground....









Then there was the petting zoo... Kim and I almost passed out at the smell but we said we would stay long enough to get a picture then we took our babies and disinfected those kids like crazy!



Daniel was squatting down to look at the goat under the bench=)

After a whole day at the zoo, it was exhausted!

Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day so we hosted the Hot Mammas St. Patrick's Day Party at our house!

Kim and Kendall looking at Reece!

I wish I would have got a better shot at the table but Michella brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies - I LOVED THEM!



Daniel getting a lesson in sharing!

Some of the Hot Mammas!

That afternoon, Michella, Kim, my husband and I all went to the gym to take BODY PUMP - one of the two instructors was due with her baby in 5 days and she had more weight on her bar than most guys in that room - we were all like...."What the heck???"
Wednesday, we met Heather and Isaiah at the Toddler McDonald's... I forgot my camera! But we wanted to hang out with them for a little bit before they move back to Michigan.
On Thursday the CLC Play Group went to one of my favorite places - MARLEY FARMS!




This little pony got a little too close to Daniel for his comfort!

Mommy trying to act "cool" around the horse and feed it from my hand so Daniel will realize these cute little farm animals are nothing to be afraid of!

So.... Audrey had a little "blow out" in her car ride to the farm AND out of all of us moms - NO ONE had an extra outfit - isn't that crazy!?!? So, we all learned a lesson!

I tried so hard to get a picture of the little toddlers together but this was the best I could get!

Saturday night we had some friends over and this was my beautiful son on his THIRD outfit for the day because he is just all boy!

Daniel and Easton playing in the rock garden....

The below pic has to be one of favorites.... we even were missing a baby (Izzie) but there were 4 sets of parents and 6 babies under 19 months old! The miracle of this night was that we all got to sit down together and have dinner at one time while the babies all hung out in their chairs!
On a complete random side note.... dinner that night was AMAZING!!! The food was sooo delicious! I am so ready to do it again... whose hosting our next get together??? =)

Please notice in the below pic how Daniel and Audrey are little by little starting to strip off clothes for one reason or another... toddlers and their clothes!


3 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

We had sooo much fun Saturday night!!! We have to do it again soon!!!! We can all take turns hosting! LOL

Jill Carilli said...

That is so funny they were stripped off their clothes. LOL. Geesh Daniel is such a cutie patootie. I miss you guys. Hopefully I will see you REAL soon...

Anonymous said...

Love your commentary! What a fun week you had and Sat night was LOTS of fun! We must do it again soon ... I still cannot believe we got to all sit and eat together - so awesome!