Saturday, May 5, 2012

Christmas Day 2011



Christmas Day 2011!  It fell on a Sunday... so, our family woke up, got ready for church, hit up the local Starbucks then drove to Casa Grande to be at that campus for their Christmas Day service.  I have to say there was something SO SPECIAL about being in church for Christmas morning... it gave the day so much depth and perspective!  Then we headed to my parents house for opening presents and lunch!  Christopher flew in and Leigh Anne and Aaron joined us.
 

  
          




  
The paparazzi in full swing with cameras filming Christopher and Daniel having a "jam session!"


 

Yes, he got the guitar and speaker and LOVED it!


 Then my dad had this really cool idea... to play Bingo and the prizes were put in different bags, containers, etc.  So, if you won, you could choose any gift you wanted but some gifts were way more better than others... it was suspenseful and a nail biter!
 Then my grandparents who live in Florida and weren't able to be with us for Christmas sent the kids a very special gift... it was the Charlie Brown Christmas recordable story book.  When we opened it,  my grandmother started reading it... then half way through the book, my grandfather started reading.  My whole family burst into tears as this has been a VERY ROUGH year for him and to hear his strong but feeble voice read an amazing story for his great-grandchildren was SO SPECIAL!  I am so thankful my children will have this book to treasure for always!  By the way, these recordable story books are THE BEST present EVER!!!!


Well, I have to say by the time the evening rolled around, I was exhausted!  The guys all went to see a movie but us girls stayed home and put the kids to bed and watched movies from the comfort of my parent's living room!

Merry Christmas!!!!

P.S. I know you are probably thinking I was slacking in taking pictures on Christmas Day but remember I lost my camera at the zoo that had ALL of my Christmas pictures... writing this post was a very sad reminder of this... again!

No comments: