Sunday, January 11, 2009

Short Breaks

I hate leaving Daniel... you would think that being with him all day long, I would look forward to a break and this is true BUT I like "short" breaks from him or else I get really heart sick! So, on Friday night, Brendon really wanted to work out at the gym with me then go to dinner. We didn't brainstorm this idea until 5:30 and Daniel starts his bed time routine at 6:30 so there was only one way to make this happen... see if Grandma and Grandpa were around for some "Daniel" time and sure enough they were! So, he spent the night at their house and I was really heart sick... first thing in the morning, I went straight there so I would be the one to wake him up.

As heart sick as I was for Daniel, I love spending time with my best friend... Brendon! We always have such a great time just being together no matter what we do.

Just a cute side night, the night before my dad called me to ask if they could come over because it had been too long since they had seen Daniel (we live 4 miles apart so 4 days is "too long" for them) so they came over for dinner and played in the floor all night to get their "Daniel" fix!

My idea of a fun "short break" was something like I did yesterday... I went to my friend Carina's baby shower and there were no kids just us actually getting to hang out and enjoy each other's company completely uninterrupted - ahhh!

No comments: