Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

It has been so long since I have blogged, I hope I remember how to do this=)

The Monday after Christmas, we went to Zoo Lights with our friends Brian and Heather and their little boy Isaiah. It was so pretty with all the beautiful Christmas lights and it wasn't too cold either so we were able to enjoy walking around a lot more than the last time we went and almost froze to death=) Keep it all in perspective that we are in Arizona... hehe!



Another huge event happened on Tuesday, December 30th here at the Wilson Home... Brendon turned 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! So, we had Aaron, Leigh Anne, Jason and Heidi over for dinner and it was so fun staying up talking and laughing around the dinner table about everything!
Then on New Year's Eve I went to Melinda to get my hair cut and highlighted and I was in a very fun and adventurous mood so I wanted her to do something different and we did RED! I have to say that I actually like it! I think it is so different from what I normally get that I am really into it!
New Year's Eve was very relaxing and quiet here... Brendon was at the church's youth all-nighter but I stayed home with Daniel and rented a movie and got a great book! At midnight, I went into Daniel's room and whispered, "Happy New Year!" to him and that was our celebration=)

We picked my parents up from the airport on New Year's Day and we were all so glad to see them back! They couldn't wait to see Daniel so on Friday night he spent the night at their house so Brendon and I could go out for his birthday. We went to dinner, a movie, and to the Apple Store to get his iPhone!
On Saturday morning, my parents had us over for breakfast and my grandparents from Florida sent a gift for Daniel!

Thank you so much for the Ralph Lauren outfit - we love it and it is so perfect for the Arizona weather!

Then on Sunday we had over the whole staff and all their families for lunch to celebrate Brendon's Birthday... it was about 35 people!








So, this week has been trying to get back into the routine of life after all the holidays and celebrations... one thing that I have noticed is how quickly Daniel is becoming a toddler! This means 1 thing - lots of energy so I try to get him out every day for an activity to release some of this energy.
For example, on Monday we went to Tumbleweed Park with some of our friends.
Tuesday we went to the Toddler Zone McDonald's with our playgroup.
Wednesday we went over to The Webb's house for a play date with the twins.
Today we went to his tumbling class then had lunch at the park with our friends.
This strategy seems to be working well and I am still able to get 2 - 2 hour naps out of Daniel each day=)
The next very exciting event happening at the Wilson House is that MiMi from South Africa is coming on Monday for a whole month! The last time she saw Daniel he was barely crawling so how life has changed=)

2 comments:

Jill Carilli said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! But where are the pictures of your new RED hair?????? I want to see!

The Parke Family said...

Um totally agree with Jill! I want to see your hair!!!!

And happy to hear things are going well for you guys!