Sunday, April 26, 2015

January 2015 (Pregnancy Weeks 37 - 40)

Wow!  It is so weird writing this post as I have the most beautiful, perfect 3 month old baby girl now and can't imagine life without her - actually I don't even want to think about life without her because she is so a part of who we are now that this post just seems incomplete.


So.... at this point I was 37 weeks pregnant and we were heading to church!





We also started the 21 Day Daniel Fast.... School started up after a 2 week Christmas break which was really nice as it gave me some time at home alone to get rested up and to get final things done.


Like... I saw the above picture on Pinterest and just knew in my heart, this was supposed to go above our baby's crib... so my husband made the pallet part and Abby did the lettering.

 We also got our first snow - it looked so beautiful through our windows!


Daniel was in LEGO club - it was more like a beginning robotics program.  Since it was winter and we don't really do winter sports, I thought this would be something he would enjoy and very educational.


Katelyn and her friend at school enjoying a snow fall.


 We also tried to get all of our maintenance appointments in before baby girl's big arrival - like getting Katelyn's haircut.  Her hair was SO long and was getting lots of knots and it was taking me forever to do her hair in the mornings so I thought if we went shorter, it would be easier and maybe some of her curl would come back:)


I also got my hair done.....


At my 37 week doctor appointment they do the Group B Strep blood test and I tested negative for the first two kids... so I automatically assumed I would test negative this time except my doctor informed me that I came back positive.  She told me it wasn't too much of a big deal and that as soon as I felt I was in labor I needed to get to the hospital to get antibiotics.... so I got home and googled what this was....



I also started doing lots of "baby laundry!"


Our stroller arrived!




Katelyn went on our last mommy date as her as my baby girl!


We went to a bead making store in Ocean City and she made a necklace.



Here I am at 38 weeks!




Katelyn have a "mood" - I believe it had something to do with her shoes!!!!


We also had our maternity pictures taken after church!


I seriously thought  I was going to have the baby this week as I had Daniel 5 days early and Katelyn 6 days early so I was convinced that this baby was coming by 39 weeks!

But... I made it through Lego Club again!


We did baby "sock" laundry!


I got a gel manicure as those last 2 weeks and I "knew" the baby was coming this week so 2 weeks would get me way past the birth so that I could be back in time to get my nails done again!


Katelyn's teacher sent me this precious picture of her and her bestie holding hands during their nap time!!!!


Of course, I spent a lot of time praying, journaling and in my Word as we were on the Daniel Fast and I knew this was the best preparation for my time as a new mommy!  I loved meditating on Psalm 139!


I also drank a lot of herbal tea and got all of my thank you cards written so I was caught up before the baby was born knowing that I would have a fresh set to write after she was born.


But... I made it to 39 weeks and we went to church again!!!! I never thought I would still be pregnant by this point and I was desperate and done being pregnant and wanted to meet my princess ssssooooooooooo bad!!!!!


39 weeks!





Brendon had set up 3 weeks of special speakers because he was also convinced that I was going to go early so he wanted to be covered - however, we were all in church on baby watch!


This is Tay Person - our new connect pastor and he is a pastor's kid as well.  His parents were there to hear him speak and Brendon had them come up and lay hands on him as a commissioning - it was SO powerful! 


After church, Brendon installed her new awesome light!


It was Martin Luther King day so we went with the Person's to Bounce U to let them burn some energy off!







All ready but baby wasn't all ready!










I was working out like a mad woman trying to make her super uncomfortable - hoping so much that I would put myself in labor!  It didn't work!!!!  Every night around 5PM, I would start serious contractions then as soon as I would sit down, they would stop.... it was so annoying!






I tried to keep busy with the kids knowing that I wasn't going to have as much 1 on 1 time with them.


 






On a Friday night, we dropped the kids off at Awana then our married couples group did a potluck "Daniel Fast" meal - I was willing to do anything, go anywhere, etc just to get my mind off being 39 weeks, 6 days pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The art work over her crib hung!




No comments: