Friday, May 7, 2010

3 weeks

So, last Monday... Katelyn turned 3 weeks and we went to Jackson's 2nd B-day Party! The cake was inside the wagon and all the kids were oohhhing and aaahhhhing over it!



It was pirate themed and Jessica did such a cute scavenger hunt for all of the mates!

Can you tell that she is a school teacher?



Our little princess holding her own paci!



This past Sunday, two ladies made us all of this food! They are graduates of a great culinary school and owned a restaurant... I feel so blessed as Katelyn turned 1 month today and I have yet to cook a meal since her birth!

That Sunday afternoon, Daniel (aka Picasso) had some fun!

Monday, we went with our church play group to Toy Town... Daniel loves the dress up room!



Katelyn already has a friend... Miss E and she is 4.5 weeks older than Katelyn!

Wednesday... Katelyn turned 4 weeks old and we went to the San Tan Splash Pad with a playgroup and hit up Orange Julius... I haven't had one of those since I was a little girl and it brought back the best memories! No camera that day! But Katelyn has a little friend in that playgroup too... she is 1 week older than Katelyn!

I also went to the dentist... I got some crazy cavities due to my pregnancy with Daniel and this time, my teeth are PERFECT! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday... Katelyn went to her 1 month check up and she weighed in at 9.11 pounds! I feel like a total rock star mom because I have to take credit for all 2 pounds she put on=)

So, she has totally changed my life (when does a baby not change your life!?!?)... she started smiling at me in the last week or two and every single time she does... I totally ruin my makeup because my eyes can't help but swell up with tears of joy!

Everyone wants to know how Daniel is doing... he LOVES his sister! I overheard him telling her the other day... Katelyn, just TALK to me! He so badly wants to interact with her and wants to play with her and he is so nurturing with her! He loves us and is not mad with us but he is highly emotional! Very high highs and very low lows!

Katelyn is an incredible sleeper... she has slept for 6 - 7 hours at night then wakes up for the sweetest nursing session around 4AM and then goes back down for another 3 hours of beauty sleep!

So, the only negative that we are facing right now is that we have spoiled her rotten... I know she is only 1 month and we have already turned her into a DIVA! Brendon and I realize how quickly they grow up and so we have held her every minute of the day and guess who NEVER wants to be put down??? I discussed this with her doctor and he gave me some suggestions... so far, they are working great!

She only likes her car seat 50% of the time so we LOVE the Moby Wrap... I don't know what I do without it!

Well, guess who wants to be picked up??? Katelyn is calling for me!

We are off for a Fun Family Night! Will Blog about it later!

No comments: