Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Catching up....

My friend Shannon who is a wedding planner planned an adorable 1st Birthday party for her son Boston... it NEVER rains in Arizona but of course, the day she had his party planned it rained but Ms. Professional moved it into a warehouse as if it had planned that way the whole time!


Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures but Daniel had a great time... just look at the pic below... LOL! Happy 1st Birthday, Boston (a SUPER SWEET little boy!)


Every Saturday morning is Soccer at the Wilson House these days... this weekend Brendon was away on a camping trip so I took both kids to the soccer game... honestly, I love it! I love being outside on a Saturday morning, taking in the beautiful weather, cheering Daniel and his team on and hanging out with some "mom" friends!


At the end of the game, they put their hands in the middle for a little cheer... sooo cute! Their coach is amazing too... she has 3 boys!
Cheer is over!

Now time to run through the parents arms while we are all screaming and cheering them on... yeah, this is a huge self esteem building exercise for these adorable 3 and 4 year olds!

Then snack time... snack time, oh snack time! Well, I am laughing right now as I am typing this. When I was a little girl and it was your mom's turn to bring "snacks" it was orange slices and you had your own water bottle. So, when we signed up for snacks, I asked the coach what the protocol was and she told us moms that she would bring snack for the 1st game then we would get an idea! The idea is basically that you have to buy out COSTCO for these kids... LOL! Basically, you are supposed to bring Organic or 100% juice boxes or bottles for half time AND the end of the game... then you need to bring individual packaged fruit (cut up) for the kids along with another snack for half time + snacks for the end... we are talking NICE SNACKS! I work out with a lady who has 3 kids of different ages in this soccer league and I asked her about the "snack" thing and she started laughing... she said I should have told you to set aside a week's grocery budget for when it is your turn for snacks! LOL! She said it is ABSOLUTELY expected! What the heck? Seriously??? Is this normal these days? Brendon told me we are going to out do all of these parents the next time and have a freakin' ice cream truck pull up on the grass and say.. there is your snack! LOL!


After the soccer game, we went to Andrea's house for a garage sale... I sold like 30 or 40 things and made $4.75! We took profit to buy lunch so that is what my "net profit" was... LOL! A very successful morning! =)

2 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

That snack thing is hilarious--I am glad I kind of have a heads up lol--what league are you in?

Danielle, Brendon & Daniel said...

Shannon... we really do love the league... http://www.azgysa.com