Thursday, February 3, 2011

Katelyn's New Tricks!

Okay... so I realized that these pics are already "Old News!" This was Katelyn's beginning attempts at try to pull up on things to a standing position... well, she does that all the time now... as of yesterday, she has even started wanting to take a step or two while holding on to furniture! I will never forget walking into her room when she woke up from a nap on December 23rd and she was sitting up in her crib!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!! Then this day (January 2nd) I walked in to get her from a nap and she was standing up in her crib!!!!!!! She is VERY PROUD of herself and loves her new found freedom!



Oh! Did I mention that she started crawling on her 9 month birthday!!!! I think she read her baby development books and wanted to be right on track! Her favorite thing is to get into my magazine rack and shred them!!! It is like Deja Vu... Daniel loved doing this too! The most amazing thing about a 2nd baby is that I am so much more relaxed... this used to frustrate me so much when Daniel did it and I think it is the most adorable thing ever with Katelyn! I think the attitude change is because I realized these stages go by so quickly and I just want to savor ever second... even though I have no idea what magazine I am reading anymore because all of the covers have been ripped off... LOL!


Daniel loves that his sister is mobile now... however, he has forgotten that she is still a baby and she is fragile and she is not 3.5! So, I think I say, "Don't be so rough" or "She is still too little to do that!" like 1 billion times a day! For example, he "helped" her get on the Sit n Spin today then proceeded to show her how to spin around on it... in the process she got a busted tongue! I think she bit her tongue in a fall - poor baby! Brendon also got a video of Daniel lifting Katelyn on his trampoline and "helping" her jump on the trampoline... Oh Lord, help me before my blood pressure explodes!!!


And... here is the hug/ death grip/ love cuddle move he pulls on her!=)


... We love you, Baby Girl! You bring so much sunshine in our home!

1 comment:

Shannon Smith said...

Trey has the "hug" death grip down as well lol!